8.09.2011

Today... actually yesterday

So yesterday I decided that I was going to make a big change in my life. I am going to take control of my body.

I'm not sure when it happened. In college, I was healthy, active, comfortable in my body. I graduated from college, couldn't find a job, got depressed, ate to make myself feel better. I also met my wonderful husband. We went out to eat A LOT... restaurants are such a great place to get to know one another! My hobbies changed. I began to enjoy cooking and baking. I began to eat what I was making. I became less active.

Now, you'd think the wake-up call would be the climbing numbers on the scales, the scariness of how difficult physical activity was becoming, my wedding, looking at myself in pictures, my clothes not fitting correctly... but no. It was none of these things. It was a stretch mark forming on my arm.

I guess whatever the reason is, I am doing something about it now.

My goals for Week 1:
  • Write down  everything I eat... even those pesky BLTs (bites, licks, tastes)
  • Exercise 4 times this week
  • Find one new "healthy recipe" and blog about it for you all to see (and try!)
  • Drink water!
GO TEAM KIM!

2 comments:

Sweet and Savory by Sarah said...

How's it going Kim? You have a smart phone? You need to get Endomondo. We can be buddies on it!

Kim said...

Im doing pretty well. Andy and I went on vacation and that week was pretty terrible. But I am back on the wagon! Does Endomondo track on a treadmill or only outside!