12.07.2012

Goodbye Pup

Today was a sad day. Today my parents had to make the hard decision to put their dog down. The thing is, is that she will always be my dog too.

I feel lucky to have gotten to love her as long as I have... 10 years. 10 years ago I was in high school. In the last 10 years, i have had a few boyfriends, I graduated high school, went to college, graduated, met my husband, bought a house, got married, and now am having a baby. Maizie has been around for some of the most exciting moments of my life.

She was crazy, that's for sure. We called her Crazy Maizie... she did weird things. I guess all dogs have their quirks. I know this post is a bit of a ramble but it's really about saying goodbye. I am lucky to have gotten to be there with her when she closed her eyes today. I am lucky to have gotten one more tail wag and one more kiss and to have gotten to tell her how much I loved her. I know it seems crazy to feel such sadness over an animal if you aren't a pet owner but they really are a part of your family. Maybe even the best part because they don't judge... they are there to love you and be loved and bring you joy and comfort and happiness. Maizie did all of those things. If you are still reading this, thank you for letting me express my sadness and for your support.








No comments: