10.31.2011

Check out my new toothbrush!


So I know that I may be the only person on the planet that uses the free toothbrush the dentist gives you. I mean, why not? I get a new one every 6 months and I get pretty colors. However, this past dentist visit (actually the past 5 visits...) the hygienist suggested that I invest in an electric toothbrush.

My initial thoughts went a little like this "Whatever crazy tooth lady! Easy for you to have perfect teeth! You get free dental floss and toothpaste and in between patients you floss your teeth! Plus you never get messy with toothpaste spit because you have that cool sucker thingy". So instead of following her advice, I amped up the flossing... determined to make the crazy tooth lady proud of me. I was doing it about 3 times per week (which was a huge improvement for me) so I was expecting a perfect report card this time around. This, unfortunately, was not the case. Again she told me how much build up I had and how an electric toothbrush would really help. Then she hit a nerve. Literally.

Apparently my sever addiction to diet Pepsi and lack of tooth brushing skills has made my gums move away from my teeth exposing roots.  I guess my gums are the cool kids and my teeth are the kids with cooties.

So I sucked it up, did some research and bought myself this beauty. Its a philips sonicare flexcare+. Please don't google it. It was expensive... more than anyone should pay for anything...especially a toothbrush. I really don't want to be judged. So I know you just googled it because you aren't good at listening to directions... but I am really good at justifying the purchase of anything. Here goes this one. I had a coupon. And another coupon. And there was a mail-in rebate. And I've never paid money for a toothbrush before, so i kind of having a toothbrush savings account. It will last a very long time (hopefully forever). Are you feeling better about his purchase? I am.

Then I used it and found about 20 more reasons to justify this purchase. It times how long you are brushing and reminds you to switch to different parts of your mouth. It has a uv cleaning station to get rid of nasty germs. It ramps up to full power for newbies like me. There are like 4 different settings depending on what my tooth brushing mood is. It stays charged for 3 weeks before needing to be charged again. Yup. Like I said before, totally justified!

I've already used it once and holy moley! It feels like I just got back from the dentist. I don't know if its worth every penny but its worth a majority of them.

All I have to say is that my teeth better be happy.


No comments: