1.29.2012

Chicken Noodle Soup

This weekend has been a long one... and not in a good way. Andy is sick. Very sick. I won't go into details because it wouldn't be pretty. Just know it is bad. Really bad. In hopes of making him feel better and warding of this flu myself, I made chicken noodle soup.
 I found this recipe on allrecipes.com It is called Quick and Easy Chicken Noodle Soup and that is exactly what it is! The great thing about this recipe is that it's fast but still has the freshness that the canned stuff can't hold a torch to!

I mean... the chicken. You control the quality. I used the run-of-the-mill boneless skinless chicken breasts...

The veggies, also fresh and they smell so darn good as they are cooking.
The big cheater moment is the canned chicken broth... I wish I has the time to make it from scratch... actually, I take that back. Even if I did have the time, I wouldn't. The canned stuff is so easy.And the even easier part of this soup is the finale. Throw everything in the pot an let it cook.


It takes a real culinary genius to make this soup ;) Someone wise once told me, don't reinvent the wheel. I didn't. So far, no flu for me and Andy is on the mend.

No comments: