1.09.2012

Peanut Butter Granola

Ok, first of all, I want to start out this post by giving myself some props. As you know, I am doing Weight Watchers and I had a pretty big week this week! I was done another 4.2 pounds! YAY! I am almost to my 5% (3 more pounds to go) I am hoping that I can hit that milestone with the next two weeks. With all of this losing and exercising I have also been trying some new recipes that I am pretty excited about sharing with you. This one is only 4pts+ for 1/4C. Woo-hoo!



Here is a yummy, yummy recipe that I found somewhere (I'm sorry, I can't remember where) and I have tweaked to yummy granola perfection. This granola is amazing mixed with yogurt, with milk poured over or on top of a bowl of ice cream. Yup. I am pretty sure that's not good for the weight-loss ;) Anyway, let's begin!



The stars of this recipe include: old fashioned oats (4 C),sunflower seeds(3/4 C), honey(1/2C), vanilla extract (1/2 tsp), cinnamon (1/2 tsp) and peanut butter (1/2 C)

In a microwave safe bowl combine the peanut butter and the honey and put this in the microwave for one minute.

Add the cinnamon and the vanilla extract to the peanut butter and honey mixture and stir this all together very well.

Now take a big whiff. Seriously, is this not the best smell that has ever happened past your nostrils? Ok. I am done foodgasming.

Slowly add the oats and sunflower seeds until all of the oats and sunlower seeds are covered... this takes awhile. This also works out the muscles in your forearm (double bonus!)

Spread out this granola mixture evenly on a lightly sprayed cookie sheet. Put this in an oven that has been preheated to 325. Bake this for about 10 minutes, stirring about halfway through.

Notice the amazing golden color? This is the color you want. Brown is not the color you want. Brown means it is burnt, and I will tell you that I have made burnt granola and it is bitter and disgusting, and it isn't even good on ice cream!

Enjoy!






 

2 comments:

Alida - Radcrafter said...

Sounds yummy!

I'd love to invite you to share this on my Thingamajig Thursday party going on now.. http://radcrafter.com/2012/01/thingamajig-thursday-party-10/

Alida
radcrafter.com

Donna said...

Sounds yummy! Thanks for the recipe!