8.23.2012

Scientific Tests

Is it a boy or girl? We will hopefully find out on Tuesday if baby cooperates! In the mean time, I thought it'd be fun to try every old wives tale or new age at-home gender prediction test I could find on the internet... I will warn you... If you continue to read this post, you will see a lot of tests that involve pee. I have peed on a lot of things... I was beginning to feel like I was a dog, marking my territory! Anyway, I know you are dying to see what tests I found and how my results fared. Warning: It should be known that these tests are only 50% accurate (umm... no kidding??)

Chinese Gender Predictor
You can find these charts all over the internet, but basically it is based off of your conception/due date and your birthday. I used the one on babycenter.com . Legend says that the gender chart is more than 700 years old and was discovered in a royal tomb. It predicts your baby's sex based on your Chinese lunar age at the time you got pregnant and the Chinese lunar month in which you conceived. The chart told that my lunar age at conception was 29 and the lunar month in which I conceived was September.
My results? BOY

Wedding Ring Test
Tie your wedding ring to a string an hold it over your belly as you are lying on your back. If it swings in a circle, a little guy's in your future. If it goes back and forth, you've got a girl. To be fair... I have found this test on multiple sites... sometimes they state the opposite. If it goes back and forth it's a boy and a circle is a girl. Mine went back and forth.
My results? GIRL

Drano Test
Take 2 Tbsp of Crystal Drano and 2oz of some good old pee an mix them together. After the reaction stops observe the color. If after 10-15 seconds the mixture has turned to a brownish color, you are having a boy. If the color has not changed or darkened, you are having a girl. Also... there were many warnings about how you should not breathe the fumes... I made sure I didn't!
My results? BOY

Red Cabbage Test
Take a head of red cabbage and cut the cabbage into large chunks. Boil cabbage in water for approximately 10 minutes then remove from the heat. Next... (you guessed it!) pee in a cup. Then mix 1 part cabbage water to one part urine. If the cabbage water turns pink/red, it's a boy. If it turns purple it's a girl.
My results? BOY

Baking Soda Test
Add 1 tsp of baking soda to a disposable cup. Then pee in to the cup (yup.. again!) If the mixture fizzes like soda it's a boy. If there is no fizz, it's a girl.
My results? BOY

Morning sickness? 
They say if you are having a boy, then you won't have morning sickness and if you are having a girl you will... Well, I was sick as a dog...
My results? GIRL

Cravings?
Old wives tales say that if you are craving salty foods while pregnant, you can count on having a boy. If you crave sweets, fruit, and orange juice, you are having a little girl.
My results?  GIRL

Heart Rate?
If the baby's heart rate is <140 a="a" are="are" boy...="boy..." having="having" heart="heart" if="if" is="is" it="it" means="means" rate="rate" the="the" you="you">140 you are having a girl. Baby F has been in the 150-160 range.
My results? GIRL

Which boob is bigger?
If the right one is larger, you're having a boy! A larger left breast indicates a girl.
My Results? BOY

Even and Odd
Legend has it that the Mayans determined a baby's sex by looking at the mother's age at conception and the year of conception. If both are even or odd, it's a girl. If one's even and one's odd, it's a boy.
My Results? GIRL



So. It looks as thought my "scientific tests" were inconclusive. These tests have the gender split 50/50. Tell me... what is your guess? Is it a boy or a girl? We shall find out next week!!!

No comments: